Thomas Lowry's Ghost
View of Downtown Minneapolis from the Third Ave. Bridge (ca. 1925)
(image via Minnesota Reflections)

View of Downtown Minneapolis from the Third Ave. Bridge (ca. 1925)

(image via Minnesota Reflections)

Postcard of Third Avenue bridge and Milling District, Minneapolis. (ca. 1920)
(image via Minnesota Reflections)

Postcard of Third Avenue bridge and Milling District, Minneapolis. (ca. 1920)

(image via Minnesota Reflections)

Earth Day, Minneapolis (1970)
(image via MHS Visual Resources Database)

//

Earth Day, Minneapolis (1970)

(image via MHS Visual Resources Database)

Intersection of 26th & Nicollet, Minneapolis (1938)
(image via Hennepin County Library - Minneapolis Photo Collection)

Intersection of 26th & Nicollet, Minneapolis (1938)

(image via Hennepin County Library - Minneapolis Photo Collection)

Postcard of the Minneapolis skyline (1939)
(image via)

Postcard of the Minneapolis skyline (1939)

(image via)

Easter at the Phillis Wheatley House, Minneapolis (1927)
(image via MHS Visual Resources Database)

Easter at the Phillis Wheatley House, Minneapolis (1927)

(image via MHS Visual Resources Database)

Ads for Minneapolis-area record stores, early 1980s.

(images via)

Milwaukee Road Depot. Washington and 3rd Avenues, Minneapolis (1922 & 1948)

(images via MHS Visual Resources Database)

The Bismark Bar. 119 Washington Ave North, Minneapolis (ca. 1902)

Cussler was the owner of the bar, which was the second bar of that name in town. Group of 5 men and a dog are posed in front of the bar. Note signs advertising Gluek’s Beer.

(image via Hennepin County Library - Minneapolis Photo Collection)

The Bismark Bar. 119 Washington Ave North, Minneapolis (ca. 1902)

Cussler was the owner of the bar, which was the second bar of that name in town. Group of 5 men and a dog are posed in front of the bar. Note signs advertising Gluek’s Beer.

(image via Hennepin County Library - Minneapolis Photo Collection)

Herman’s Lunch, 16 S. 9th St. Minneapolis (1955)
(image via MHS Visual Resources Database)

Herman’s Lunch, 16 S. 9th St. Minneapolis (1955)

(image via MHS Visual Resources Database)